Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Some 'Stuff'

It's 5.30am. I've been awake since 2. After an hour I gave up, got up and made a (strong) coffee. Here's to another day that starts in the middle of the night. *sigh*

The saga continues with rash-girl. After not being able to get a doc appointment asap, I took her to the local ER the other day. (This is no small thing we're talking about, she's covered from head to toe now).

So we're called in, doc asks what the prob is, she says 'mum thinks I have measles'. She's checked out, asked symptoms, etc and they tell us it's not measles because she's not sick enough. (I think bullshit it's not, you just wait buster) lol.

Guess what? She's now been throwing up for two days straight, the sore throat is worse, the rash is joining up making her look like she has a bad case of sunburn, she's sniffly and snuffly and .... need I go on?

Not measles my ass!

10 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

eeeeeeek

don't you get injections as kid so you can't get them?

6:48 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Uh huh and two or three boosters (can't remember now cos it's been a while since I've had babies lol) but apparently they don't last forever :/

7:14 am  
Blogger Shauna said...

Time for a second opinion!!

10:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Fly! 2nd opinion!

1:19 pm  
Blogger Muse said...

Awww, poor girl, she must be miserable. Lets us know what it turns out to be.

7:10 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Yep, back to the doc and oh surprise, surprise, it's measles.

Never argue with me. Mother knows best ;)

8:07 am  
Blogger Margaret said...

vaccines are never for sure...

and i am so sorry she is sick...

peace...

2:17 pm  
Blogger Mushster said...

Yeah, found that out the hard way with this one lol. Thanks Monkey, she's feeling a little better today tg :)

7:09 pm  
Blogger Shirley said...

The best thing is Grits. No kidding, they stick to your insides like glue and they fortify you. Plain, no butter, no sugar.

Hope she's better.

12:23 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

I've heard of grits but I don't think I've ever actually seen them lol.

Taaa yeah she is feeling a bit better :)

12:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wacha doin' way down here? ;)