Thursday, May 12, 2005

Aaaaargh

This is driving me nuts lately. Why is my sidebar thingie alllllllll the wayyyyyyy downnnnn there at the bottom of the page?

I haven't changed anything that would do that and to be honest, I'm all coded out at the moment so that all I really see when I look at the template is ~~!@#{***_*)(_)(_{}} mumbo jumbo.

Anyway, Mama Mia was good, although not as good as I thought it would be and I decided to leave the hairbrush in my bag ;)

Update ~ Ok this is what I found:

Why does my sidebar shift to the bottom of the page?

On occasion, one column (often the sidebar) will shift when the content contained within a side-menu or a post extends a column beyond its designated width. This behavior varies across browsers so the issue will not always occur when a visitor views your page. To resolve the problem we recommend reviewing the content in both columns to identify items that may be causing column expansion. In most cases, long links and wide images are the cause of the problem.


So! It's going in the too-hard basket for the time being.

3 Comments:

Blogger Patrick M. Tracy said...

Mushter,

Thanks for commenting on my blog. It seems like it's a consensus that the "Selves" haiku was the best one.

I liked your picture of your cat. I love cats, but our dog would eat one, so I can only look.

I've seen a few people with the sidebar issue--going down the page until the end of the current posts. I hope it isn't too painful to fix. Plus--I hope I don't get it. Is it catching? Now I'm worried. No, not really.

Anyway, I've been over here pretty frequently, but I haven't left you enough comments. Sorry. Anyway, have a good one.

Oh, and going back to a few blogs back and your woodstove--it's weird for the Northern Hemisphere people to concieve of winter coming on at the opposite time of year. That's not apropos to anything, but there it is.

3:00 pm  
Blogger Shauna said...

Everything looks fine to me. Do you have the latest version of Java? That can screw up your view sometimes.

Have I told you that I saw Mamma Mia last year? I really liked it. I saw it with my hubby but it would be so much fun to see with a pack of raucous girlfriends I think.

8:45 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Firehawk,

Yep, I think the 'Selves' one was something everyone can relate too and it gives (well it gave me at least) the feeling of having an epiphany of some kind.

My dog would love to eat the cat too, (and has tried a few times), but these days she's learnt and sits just out of reach taunting him lol.

The sidebar issue is only contagious if you're having a bad day like I was last week and couldn't get the links to work properly so I think you're pretty safe ;)

Thanks for stopping by and no need for an apology, sometimes there just isn't much to comment on. (I know if I was reading my posts randomly I'd think, "My God woman! Get over it already!") hehe

Fly,

I wouldn't have a clue which version I have, don't confuddle me any more than I already am damnit! lol

Looks like it's fixed anyway ... it was the very longgggggg Corby link that was causing the prob.

And yep I agree, Mama Mia would have been great to see with a bunch of girlfriends. Guys just don't get that whole 'get up in the aisle and dance' thing and they'll never understand we are the Dancing Queen! ;)

10:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wacha doin' way down here? ;)