Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Running Into the Light or Away from the Dark?

I wish I had something to say, something of interest I mean, but I don't.

For the past few days I've been an activities maniac. Keeping myself busy with a variety of things that leave no time for the things I usually do.

Sunday I weeded for hours in the freezing cold so that all I could think about for days every time I moved was "oh my God, the painnnnnnnnnnn, the painnnnnnnnnnnn".

I've given myself major headaches making a few graphics and fixing little things online that I'd put off because, well, basically coding bores the crap out of me and the errors weren't big enough to warrant urgency.

I've confused myself by looking at so many paint swatches that the loungeroom may end up orange and purple simply because I can't remember what I decided on or even if I did decide.

And last night I finished the book I was reading (Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks) and cried like a baby, not only because of the story itself but a paragraph in particular:

Adrienne smiled wistfully. "I took things one day at a time. Isn't that what they tell you to do? I know it sounds trite, but I used to wake up in the mornings and tell myself that I only had to be strong for one day. Just one day. I did that over and over."

Maybe that's what I've been doing with my frantic activity, or maybe I'm running away, but either way for a while it keeps me one step ahead of my thoughts - and that's a good thing at the moment.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

You're always interesting. Maybe you're just looking for your "groove". Just speak. Ramble. Let it out. That's what I do. I even make up fiction every once in a long while.

And besides, you ALWAYS leave such kind supportive comments. Thank you for that.

8:08 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

We musn't be reading the same things because I bore myself silly lol.

I think the problem is I'm censoring myself. I feel like I'm being watched - specially since the anon comment last week.

And speaking of kind and supportive, look in the mirror because that's you and I thank YOU for that. :)

9:18 am  
Blogger Shauna said...

Start a new blog. It's cleansing and you'll be giddy with the freedom.

Just don't forget to send me the new addy. :)

7:48 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

I thought I'd done that with this one lol.

9:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wacha doin' way down here? ;)