Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Point ... less

Once again things are whizzing around inside my head faster than I can get them onto the screen so when that happens I find it a little easier to do things in point form (and these are definitely not in order of priority).

* We won the footy :)

* Foggy mornings are the bane of my existence. Turn parkers on in the morning to drive kidlet to school and if I haven't been out again during the day, you can be sure when I go to hop in the car to pick him up I will have a flat battery.

It doesn't matter how many times I repeat the mantra to myself on the way home "must remember to turn lights off, must remember to turn lights off, must remember to turn lights off", I will undoubtedly forget to turn the bloody lights off.

Then I have to make a zillion panicky phone calls to let the school know and try to get hold of someone to get him for me. Not an easy task when they're all too busy gossiping in the car park to answer their mobiles.

Anyway this happened AGAIN on Friday. This morning it was foggy and I drove without the lights on. No way was I going to trust myself this morning.


* I haven't been able to mention this one till now because when you're knee-deep in shit it's hard to put into words ... for me it is anyway.

It's been WW3 around here for the past 1-2 weeks. Those who know me, know that one of the worst things anyone can do is break a promise. If it's a major promise I class it as a crime and your head will be on the chopping block.

Well, not only was a major promise broken, but three were. All spinoffs from eachother. Each with its own severity level.

The pain that has come from this has been almost unbearable. The feeling of betrayal is so overwhelming at the moment. I haven't been eating, I haven't been sleeping, my eyes are so sore from crying that some days I've worn my sunglasses inside the house.

I know it will pass eventually. I just hope it's soon.

* Because I don't have sleeping tablets or anything like that, and I haven't slept for what feels like forever, I went scrounging last night and found a really old bottle of an antihistamine/sedative I had to get for one of the kids when they were younger (I can't remember what was wrong with them now) and let me tell you people ... a double dose of that stuff knocked me out for five hours (that's good for me btw).

Ok stop shaking your heads at me. I know it's bad but desperate measures for desperate times.

Actually, my head still feels a little cloudy.

* Points over and out for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

Yikes Mush!

First off, let me say how happy I am that you shared something so personal that has been bothering you. Share the load girl. I got broad shoulders....

I hope that your WW3 finds its peace soon.

As far as sleep goes, I am a problem sleeper. Once I'm there it's no prob but getting there can be quite a battle. I've been known to take Nyquil, Benedryl or Gravol as sleep aides. I say: Whatever works!

8:59 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

One day I'll tell you the whole story ... it'll boggle your mind. (I should write a book) lol.

Things have subsided a little. Now it's more like an active volcano, rumbling under the surface.

Whatever works, works for me too!

10:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wacha doin' way down here? ;)