Saturday, November 19, 2005

Help

I may not say much here but there are certain issues I feel very strongly about - Whaling being one of them.

One way I keep track of some of my interests is by being a subscriber of the Greenpeace newsletter, which have been coming in thick and fast over the past few weeks.

I've already sent off letters (snail mail) but also think it's worthwhile adding a few things here.

For those of you who may have missed it in the papers, here's a brief rundown on what's happening at the moment.

On November 8th, a whaling fleet left Japan for the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary, south west of Western Australia, intending to kill 1,000 whales, including endangered fin whales.

Yesterday (November 18), Greenpeace issued this statement:

Greenpeace is sending two ships to oppose continued whaling in the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary. The MY Esperanza and the MY Arctic Sunrise, leave Cape Town this weekend as part of Greenpeace's largest ever expedition - a year long tour to defend the world's oceans. read more ...

There are several ways everyone can help not only the whales but our oceans in general.

If you're able, donate here.
Ask the Federal Minister for Environment to save our deep seas. Form
Stop pirate fishing in the Pacific. Sign Petition

Have a good weekend everyone.

5 Comments:

Blogger Muse said...

Signed and written. :-) Have a good weekend, beautiful!

4:29 am  
Blogger Patrick M. Tracy said...

Mush,

In this day and age, it's amazing to me that there's still any way to support an argument for killing whales. For me, I really have little sympathy for humans. We deserve what we get. The wild things in this world are more important than if someone can have a meal, or get an erection, or whatever the lame excuse might be. To me, the biggest problem with this world is too many people and not enough of everything else.

While I'm not an unreserved Greenpeace supporter, I do feel something is necessary to stop these hunts. Primarily, I feel that the nations of the world, yes, even you, Japan, need to grow the *f* up and take some responsibility for the state of the environment.

12:32 pm  
Blogger Mushster said...

Taaa Musey, you too spunkytrunks :)

Firehawk you get a standing ovation. It's good to see others get as fired-up about these things as I do. I couldn't agree with you more.

Well said!!

5:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be in FULL SUPPORT of a few well placed cruise missles - you know, equal in number to the Japanese whaling fleet. There is NO reason for that kind of slaughter of whales in this day and age other than greed and that they can! Blek! If we are going to exercise military might why not use it on something that will matter long term instead of wasting lives on fucking oil! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

5:09 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Hear hear Seamy!

Hope they choke on me QM ;)

Thanks all :)

5:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wacha doin' way down here? ;)