Thursday, November 03, 2005

Home again

Hi all. Back home again. The trip was pretty much as I expected and I'm glad to be back.

Having said that though, what I've come back to is total chaos. What can go wrong has, in fact, gone wrong and the only light in my life right now is half a world away but still, it is a very bright, very beautiful light.

So, back to the chaos. I haven't mentioned it before now but the teenager's boyfriend has been staying with us due to family problems ... ok ok and because I'm a sucker and went all soft and said ok. Originally it was only supposed to be for a few days, that has turned into almost 4 weeks now.

It's a real strain, not only emotionally and physically (because it's a lot more work for me) but financially. Oh but his mum did send over $20 the other week ... very generous huh.

So that's that part, next ... my mum has decided (finally) to retire. It's way overdue but oh God kill me now please.

As an only child I get the full brunt of everything, good and bad and my future will now include constant phone calls to talk about nothing and hangups if the kids say I'm in the shower or if I don't respond the way she'd like.

There's also a meeting I've been summoned to next week with a councilor (sp? I'm screwing that word up a lot lately) at the teenager's school and no, I don't have a clue what it's about other than there are probs not only at school but home as well. I have no bloody idea what I'll be hit with when I walk in so blah @ that.

There's more but I'll spare you the details lol.

I haven't been able to get around to all of you yet so forgive me, I will get there.

10 Comments:

Blogger Shirley said...

Welcome back.

12:46 am  
Blogger Muse said...

Mush Darling, I missed you!!! Sounds like you have a lot going on, lets go on vacation. ;)

2:15 am  
Blogger Shauna said...

I'm glad you're back. You were missed.

Put your foot down about the boyf. And get call display. No one could fault you for screening your mother's calls. :)

2:15 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Thanks Shirley :)

Yeah Museywusey, too damn much lol. A vacation sounds like a good idea. How about somewhere tropical where we can get our gear off and drink weird looking, extremely intoxicating cocktails? ;) I missed you too xx

Missed you toooo Fly. I only have little feet *sigh* lol.

I do ignore the phone a lot but when I eventually answer I get the third degree about where I've been :s

9:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've missed you Mushy - glad you're back!
1st - It's wonderful that you have a "bright spot" somewhere!
2nd - boot the BF, don't take him to raise - he'll find a way to work it out at home.
3rd - dad can do the same thing to me. I've finally learned to just let it roll off and let him stew in his own juices for a while - he comes around! :)

11:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! If you and Musey vacation I'm stowin' away - I'm jus' sayin! :D

11:48 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Aww thanks Seamy, I missed you too :)
1 ~ I just wish the bright spot was closer lol, you're not exactly a dark spot either ya know, jus' sayin :p
2 ~ I know, I know *slaps myself for being such a sucker*. I really do have to, and very very soon.
3 ~ How old are we again? I've told my kids to lock me up and throw away the key if I ever become like that lol.

Andddddd ... hop on board, we have plenty of cocktails to go around ;)

7:44 pm  
Blogger Mushster said...

hehe thanks. I promise I'd be gentle ;)

1:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF????????????? What is that spam generated from?? :)

2:18 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

No idea. Sheesh I'd at least like the wheelchair before I get the ramp hehe ;)

7:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wacha doin' way down here? ;)