Monday, August 08, 2005

Tough Love

If you've been reading me for while, you'll know by now that I love my cat. Love her to itty bitty pieces, but (yes there's always a but isn't there) I'm not sure how much more of HER love I can take.

Gizmo is a weirdo. I've known it from the time we brought her home when she was an adorable ball of fluff (and I've always been partial to weirdos) . :)

She settled herself into her position of Queen immediately (I am merely 'the Princess' hehe) and not long after, developed her 'sock fetish'. Yes people, I had a cat who stole socks! Clean socks, dirty socks, no sock was safe.

She would steal them from the clothes airer, wet or dry, it didn't matter, she would steal them from the kids' bedroom floors and drawers if they were left open.

I'd find stock piles in the most amazing places. One of her favourites was my bed. She would pinch one from the laundry, haul it alllllllll the way upstairs and leave it on my bed. Then back down she'd go to do it all over again until there were none left.

If I managed to hide them all from her she'd start on the undies lol.

After psychoanalysing her I decided it was a comfort thing to have something in her mouth.

Anyway she went missing 12 months later (that's another story but the kids and I were heartbroken). Amazingly, we got her back 3 months later (much the worse for her ordeal) and her fetish for socks had gone. (I guess mice, birds and rubbish bins don't wear socks).

She didn't quite overcome the mouth thing though. Now? It's my BOOB people.

You know how cats claw for a while when they're getting settled somewhere comfy? She has to have something in her mouth when she does that and when she decides to settle on me, it's my BOOB!!

When I let out random yelps, the kids just laugh and assume "Giz has mum's boob again". Mancub shrugs philosophically and says "She just likes your bosom Mum" (he likes that word, he likes saying buttocks too and says it like Forrest Gump lol).

I put up with her sitting on my hand when I'm trying to move the mouse, I put up with her sitting in front of the screen when I'm trying to type, I put up with her walking over the keyboard to squeeeeeeeeeeze onto my lap, I put up with her sitting so close she makes me go cross-eyed while she headbuts me, I put up with her pouncing from behind the curtains and attaching herself to my ankles ... are you getting the picture? I put up with A LOT from her because I wuff her.

BUT ... God help her when summer comes and I'm only wearing one thin layer. She may find herself doing aerial acrobatics across the room.

Uh huh, tough love :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

LMAO!

My cat chews on my hair while I'm sleeping. Drives me bonkers.

9:12 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Ohhh lovely, soggy hair lol. They're freaks!!!

9:42 am  
Blogger Muse said...

LMAO!! Mine likes to bite my nose and fingertips when Im sleeping.

9:47 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

PMSL ~ They are EVIL! The one I had before Giz used to wake me up every morning by dribbling on my face lol.

9:51 am  
Blogger Patrick M. Tracy said...

Mushter,

I was raised by a Siamese cat, so I'm biased towards them. I've had cats who were great, cats who were a bit stupid...I did have a cat who liked to bite my nose once. Their little teeth really feel strange inside a person's nostrils! We had a cat that used to bite my mom's boob if he wanted her to get out of bed, so I guess the boob biting thing isn't unheard of. I even had a cat named Arizona Charlie who thought he was a dog (a very agile one, I suppose). This was cute until he overestimated his own prowess and was eaten by a coyote.

Anyway, I wish I could have a cat now. My dog turns into Beevis whenever he sees one, and so I can't.

10:02 am  
Blogger --Blue Girl said...

My cat prefers to attack my toes under the sheets, usually right as I am dropping off. (I to am an insomniac)

He was "saved" by me and a coworker - he is a $600 free cat. Sometimes I think a bargain at twice the price, and sometimes I think I'm a bloody fool for getting involved with this creature in the first place.

Have you tried a bit of catnip in a sock to try to re-kindle the interest in inanimate oral gratifyers?

Peace; Tammy

10:32 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

lol Julia, I hope mine matures soon or she might not see old age. Thanks for stopping by :)

Firehawk,

Raised by a Siamese lol, that must be why you're so good with words now, they never shut up hehe. I'm wondering if you have a nose piercing from the biting one lol.

Years ago I had a cat who was really dumb. I even did an IQ test on her (true, I found the test in a magazine). She was so dumb she didn't even register the lowliest of scores. (She was the dribbler).

Giz is smarter than that. When she was a kitten she kept trying to escape before she was allowed into the big wide world so we taught her to "plop". Now she "plops" on command lol, and even giving her a nudge makes her collapse sprawled on the floor and staying till we tell her it's ok to move.

10:45 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Hiya Blue Girl,

Yep I hear ya about the "free at a price". Gizmo was a rescue too. I haven't tried catnip though, good idea!!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

10:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wacha doin' way down here? ;)