Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Indulging Myself

Before I get back to the serious business of completing the 100 things about me challenge, I want (need) to say a little about my friend who's sick.

It took a few days for the news to really sink in and when it hit, it did so like a tonne of bricks. At first all I could think was "oh God, what am I going to do without him?"

The second thing to flash through my mind was "fucking hell Mush, how selfish are you to think about yourself?"

So I sat and reflected ... and I decided it was ok to feel like that. I decided to allow myself a few days of self indulgence and self-pity. I cried so much I looked like I'd gone a few rounds with Rocky using my face as a punching bag.

Now I'm ok. Now I'm ready again to be there to support him in whatever way he needs me to be.

This won't be the last you hear about him. I want to tell you how we met and how special he is. I'm not quite ready yet though. I really want to do it justice so I'll wait till I feel I can.

3 Comments:

Blogger Muse said...

Man your having one hellofa time lately arent ya? Chin up girl, goods comming your way, has to be right?

love

1:50 am  
Blogger Shauna said...

hugs to you Mush

3:05 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Hugs to you both ...

and yeah, it hasn't been all that great lately (if I was someone's pet the vet would have the sense to put me down lol) but hey! what doesn't kill us makes us stronger right?

9:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wacha doin' way down here? ;)