Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Blank

Sometimes I sit here staring at the blank white page for what seems like forever. I stare at the cursor blinking away, waiting patiently for a keystroke. Occasionally the screen goes out of focus and I find myself daydreaming or simply wondering what I'll end up saying. When I focus again I usually tell myself to simply close it and turn off the computer but then I type something, anything ... I don't know why.

Maybe subconsciously I'm reinforcing the fact that I exist. Maybe I'm just saying "I'm here". Maybe it's because this is usually the last place I come to before going offline to take care of the banal, day-to-day practicalities of life and I'm putting off ending the invisible connection to someone special and maybe it's none of those things ... I dunno.

3 Comments:

Blogger Muse said...

Seems were all here searching for something. And Im glad "your here"

5:19 am  
Blogger Shauna said...

Me too.

Blank. Blank. Blank.

That's why I did a listy post. Last week, I could write and write and write. Not so this week.

(sigh)

"I'm here too"

7:59 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Uh huh Muse, but what? lol, I'm glad you're here too :)

Fly, thank God for lists eh (see I have your lingo down pat) ;)

8:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wacha doin' way down here? ;)