Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The way it is

I hope this isn't misinterpreted. What I'm about to post isn't done in a melodramatic, 'poor me sob sob' kinda way. I'm pretty matter of fact about it actually. It just explains a little about my 'inner core'.

I don't take relationships lightly. I definitely don't take love lightly. That's just the way I am. I've never been one to flit from person to person and when I love someone I don't want anyone else, even if that means being alone.

So here tis, Dido said it much better than I ever could ...

I know you think that I shouldn't still love you, I'll tell you that.
But if I didn't say it, well I'd still have felt it where's the sense in that?
I promise I'm not trying to make your life harder
Or return to where we were

Well I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

I know I left too much mess and destruction to come back again
And I caused but nothing but trouble
I understand if you can't talk to me again
And if you live by the rules of "it's over" then I'm sure that that makes sense

And when we meet
Which I'm sure we will
All that was then
Will be there still

I'll let it pass
And hold my tongue
And you will think
That I've moved on....

... and there's my anthem so to speak.

Now I think I'll go and park my ass on the couch with a hot lemon drink and some panadol. I woke up this morning feeling like I've swallowed glass and it's not getting any better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Muse said...

aww honey, I HATE days like this. You and I really do have alot in common and seem to feel the same. That being.. ALOT! Feel better sweetheart.. Hugsss xoxo

12:21 am  
Blogger Shauna said...

I love Dido. I listen to her all the time. Finding another Dido fan is hard to do.

But let me get to the heart of your post. That you don't take love lightly makes you a good, whole and loving person. If you did take it lightly I would think that there's a problem.

Yep. It hurts. And yep. I'd give you a big hug right now if I could.

Treat yourself to something today. Have a glass of red or a cup of tea and pretend I'm having one with you.

much love,

9:02 am  
Blogger Mushster said...

Muse, we DO have a lot in common. Some days are just a bit harder than others aren't they, *sigh* lol.

Hugs xx

Fly, yep Dido rules ... you've definitely found another fan here :)

Yeah it does hurt and I've never been one to run away from pain. Self-preservation isn't one of my strong points (I don't do the 'block it out, get over it' thing well) lol.

I guess the main thing is that while I have moved on, I accept I will always feel this way.

I vote the red, "cheers" and some yummy cheese to go with it (even though my ass seems to be growing by the second lately) ;)

Hugs,
Luv ya,

11:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wacha doin' way down here? ;)